Sunday, June 7, 2009

Typical Mother-in-Law?

Genesis 27:46 says, “And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?  28:1 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.”  I guess Isaac and Rebekah never knew what god said to Adam after he created Eve.  Genesis 2:24 says, “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.”  God, in this case says man should leave his family for woman but so far the women in the bible have all had to join the mans family?  Isn’t this odd?

No comments:

Post a Comment