Sunday, June 28, 2009

The end of the book of Genesis

This is the last post I am doing for Genesis.  It has been a weird read so far but I hope you enjoyed it. It was good for 169 blog posts.  I hope the rest of the book is much better.  My take on Genesis is:  God’s chosen men got off easy.  They were lying, cheating womanizers who got away with their foul deeds because God bullied the guys they cheated.  The snake in the garden told the truth when even god lied to Adam and Eve.  For the life of me, I cannot understand why any woman would want to follow this book.  It demeans women, treats them like cattle, or worse yet, jealous schemers who live just to reproduce and serve man.  I am sure I forgot many of the other outrageous things that happened, but that is why I took so much time to post even the smallest thought I had while reading this book.  Now it is time to move on to the book of Exodus.  I, for one, can’t wait.

1 comment:

  1. The great Exodus from Genesis! I can't wait either :)
    Nada and her monkey (Le Singe de Darwin:))

    ReplyDelete