Sunday, June 7, 2009

Shouldn’t Isaac be to blame?

Genesis 27:37 says, “And Isaac answered and said unto Esau, Behold, I have made him thy lord, and all his brethren have I given to him for servants; and with corn and wine have I sustained him: and what shall I do now unto thee, my son?”  Now am I getting this story right?  Isaac was going to give his sons into slavery to Esau the oldest son, Esau gets mad because through trickery Jacob gets Esau’s birthright and now he has to serve Jacob instead of the other way around?  Then Esau says in Genesis 27:41, “And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.”  Shouldn’t he want to slay Isaac for giving him away as a servant?  Basically enslaving him.  Jacob just found a way to cheat the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment