Monday, June 22, 2009

Judah likes Harlots

Genesis 38:15 says, “When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

38:16 And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?”  I can’t believe this.  Judah just lost a daughter and after getting comforted he sees a veiled woman and instantly thinks she is a harlot.  So what does he do to help this woman who strayed.  He wants to sleep with her.  God killed one of his sons for pulling out before his seed could impregnate a woman but god doesn't care if Judah picks up harlots?  At least he doesn’t know she is his daughter-in-law if that makes it better for any of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment