Sunday, September 13, 2009

Familiar spirits?

Leviticus 20:6 says, “And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.”  Once again wizards must be allowed to live but poor witches must be put to death, Exodus 22:18 “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.”  This also is the second mention of familiar spirits. Leviticus 19:31 “Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.”    Familiar spirits are a familars (imps) who assume an animal form to serve their master.  Their master could be a wizard or witch.  I have heard some ministers refer incorrectly to them as ghosts.  Each of the nine or so mentions in the bible relate them to wizards and witches correctly verifying my definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment