Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shinny skin

Exodus 34:29 says, “And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

34:30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.”  I don’t believe this.  If his skin shone when he saw god then why didn’t it happen to others?  Exodus 24:9 “Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

24:10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

24:11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.”  So there should have been 74 people with shiny skin.  And that should have made people really scared.  Now this isn’t the first time someone saw god so why is it that they didn’t ever before take precautions about seeing his face?  Exodus 33:19 says, “And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

33:21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

33:22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

33:23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.”  So why did the 74 men not have to worry about seeing gods face earlier but now it will kill?

No comments:

Post a Comment