Friday, December 10, 2010

Succeed or usurp?

Deuteronomy 19:1, says, " When the LORD thy God hath cut off the nations, whose land the LORD thy God giveth thee, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their cities, and in their houses; 19:2 Thou shalt separate three cities for thee in the midst of thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it." Actually, god didn't give this land. The Hebrews had to kill the former inhabitants of these lands. Committing genocide or in the least killing the men and taking the others as slaves. Using the women as breeding stock ie. Raping the slave women. The book never called this rape but if your village was attacked and your husband killed, your son or daughter enslaved, would you willingly have any sexual relations with your captor? So I guess calling it succeeding them and living in their cities is a nice way of saying usurping them and stealing all that they had done. If I am understanding this properly, if my god tells me to go to your house and kill you it is ok. It is even ok to live in your house and play with your stuff. Is this what Christians really believe? I didn't make this up. It is all from the book and you can check up on me by reading my old posts or the book itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment